November 25, 2008

Whatever Works works

So apparently, unbeknownst to me, the plot for Allen's latest has emerged.
Jeffrey Wells puts it nicely:

"[The] plot of Woody Allen's Whatever Works is about a May-December relationship (marriage?) between Larry David and Evan Rachel Wood, and her mother, played by Patricia Clarkson, somehow persuading a Manhattan-residing British actor, played by Henry Cavill, to try and seduce Wood in order to break up her marriage to David, whom Clarkson feels is too old for her daughter."

I am genuinely stoked. Finally, a return to New York for the Allen? I've sorely missed that, and I've had enough of his European ventures. I know some people like that, but I think anybody can do that. His New York films have oft been imitated, but none have come close (in my opinion) to the dynamic spirit of his attempts. Something like Radio Days will always stay near and dear to my heart, whereas Match Point will likely fade entirely from my memory in several years.

Bring it on I say!

No comments: